Time: 30 min
for the sauce:
- Coarsely blend onion, garlic, drained chickpeas, broad beans, drained tuna and parsley in a blender.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and season with salt and a pinch of each spice (go easy on the cumin, though, the spice mix should be balanced).
- Add baking soda, mix well and form flat patties. Let rest in the fridge for half an hour.
- Prepare the yoghurt sauce by mixing all the other ingredients together.
- Coat the patties with sesame seeds and fry them in hot oil until golden.
- Remove from the frying pan and let rest on a paper towel for a few minutes to absorb excessive oil.
- Serve falafel on small plates and garnish with tomatoes and cucumbers brunoise. Serve with yoghurt sauce.
Instead of traditional dried broad beans, in this recipe we use fresh broad beans to add an extra touch of colour, flavour and lightness to the mixture, also guaranteed by the addition of bicarbonate of soda.